Beet greens are nutritious as they are rich in Vitamin K, copper, manganese, iron and calcium, but they are great for maintaining a healthy weight, as they contain zero saturated fat and cholesterol.
|3 Stems||Beets Greens||Vitamin K, copper, manganese, iron|
|1-2 TBSP||Split Yellow or Green Moong dal|
|1-2 TBSP||Grated Coconut (fresh or frozen) - Optional|
|1-2 TSP||Cooking Oil, Cumin Seeds, Split Urad Dal, Black Mustard, Salt|
1. Soak 1-2 TBSP Moong dal
2. Cut Beet greens into small pieces
3. Cook for ~5 mins medium-low flame with 1 TBSP water and some salt. Don't overcook or else will become mushy
4. Heat pan with some oil, tempering with few spices (Cumin seeds, Black Mustard, Split Urad dal)
5. Add Garlic and fry for 30-40 sec
6. Add Beet Greens, green chillies and fry for few mins with medium-low flame and add salt if required
Make sure there is no water, otherwise it will become mushy.
7. Add fresh grated Coconut as per your taste
This is Optional. You can also add some fried cashewnuts if you like.
Happy meal :-)